[Video] I Was A Fool - Brymo


Brymo speaks of his early music beginnings, being taken advantage of by Chocolate City Music label, the battles faced with them and finding peace since he left.


He spoke at length about the legal battle him between him and former label Chocolate City Music, clearing the issue well about the injunction against him, and how that affected him.
Speaking of earnings from the Ice Prince ‘Oleku’ hit song, Brymo said he didn’t make a dime from it.
“I was a fool there was no contract, Oleku was a probono work not a dime was made for Brymo from it so I felt like maybe because I didn’t have a contract and I was new, maybe that was my trial period but after so I signed a contract in April 2011, but guess what, nothing changed, the label still didn’t provide money for upfront which was in the contract, they were supposed to provide money for every single project”.

Speaking of how he was then surviving, he says M.I who was first to blow up helped him out.

Asked whether he would advise any artist that is going through troubled times to seek freedom and exit the label, Brymo says everybody must decide for themselves and be ready to live with the consequences.

On whether he would go back if Chocolate City were to call him back, he says nobody would like it if he goes back, and there are certain things that cannot be mended, “Sometimes you just have to go your separate ways so there can be peace, I have had more peace in the last three years and I believe they will also have more peace,”the gifted singer says.

Comments